Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Sigma EX 70-200f/2.8 APO DG HSM with Loose Rear Section

N80 Aircraftnut

East Lansing, US
423 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
N80 Aircraftnut Registered since 13th Jun 2003
Mon 04-Mar-13 03:07 AM

Dear All,
my trusty Sigma 70-200f/2.8 that I bought in late 2005 has developed a loose back end. The rear section from the lend mount to tripod collar (this is its own section) has about 1mm of play in it. The play is the greatest on the axis that would be horizontal aspect when mounting the lens on a tripod and suspending the camera off it. I have used a D200 with extension grip most of the lenses life.

I have used a small screwdriver to check the tightness of the screws on the lens mount but they seem to be tight. There might be a screw loose inside the lens (are lenses and owners alike?).

I have not gotten to the point where I want to take the lens apart but the play seems to be getting worse. Currently, it does not seem to be impacting the image quality.

Has anyone had this experience and if so, what did you do?

Thanks and make it a good week.

Markus

A German/American Nikonian living in the Mitten State.

… for landscape photography the
aphorism should be expanded:"f8 and
be there in good light." -John Shaw

G