Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

AF Fine Tune Won't Recognize Lenses

jckingca

CA
138 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jckingca Registered since 16th Dec 2010
Mon 12-Dec-11 05:49 PM

This may be a strange problem.

I have both the Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 and the Tamron 17-50 f/2.8.
The Tokina needs no AF Fine Tune adjustment
The Tamron needs +10 adjustment.

I know how to do this and with AF Adjust turned on it tells me that the 17-50 f/2.8 has +10. Very Good so far.

Now when I mount the Tokina 11-16, the AF Adjust tells me that it is giving +10 adjustment. It won't recognize this as a different lens. It should be showing me a value of -- because I haven't entered and saved any value for this lens yet. If I change the +10 value, it becomes the saved value for the Tamron, not a new lens.

If I delete the Tamron adjustment and lens number then mount the Tokina it is recognized as 11-16 f/2.8 and I can save an adjustment of 0 for it.

Now if I mount the Tamrom, it tells me that the adjustment for this lens is 0 and won't let me input a separate adjustment.

In a nutshell-- the camera will recognize EITHER the Tokina or the Tamron in the AF Adjust module, but not BOTH.

I mounted a Sigma 70mm and it was recognized correctly and I was able to enter an adjustment amount which it saved under a new lens number.

If anyone has a D7000 and both the Tamron and Tokina lenses mentioned, could you let me know if you have this problem or any tips to fix it?

many thanks
John

-John
http://www.kingphoto.ca

G