Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Help choosing lense for D5000

zhardoum

ES
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
zhardoum Registered since 26th Oct 2010
Tue 26-Oct-10 10:31 AM

Hello all.
I am looking for some help with choosing a lense for a Nikon D5000, currently I have the 18-55mm lense that was supplied when purchased.

What I am trying to do is take a picture of artwork that measures 1m by 1m yet in as high a detail as possible. What I have noticed is that lense curvature is strikingly noticeable and that focus is specific to the centre.

Could you please give me an idea of suitable lenses for this task?

Price is not an issue (luckily) however unluckily I live on a small Island where the local camera shops stock small compact cameras and nothing else but. I had to order the D5000 online and this doesnt bode well for me getting to try lenses.

When i have a shortlist of suitable lenses I will contact a reputable camera shop and make an appointment to see them and try the various lenses before buying but I do need an approximate idea of which lenses I should be looking for.

Many Thanks in Advance.
Adrian.

G