Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Tokina ATX Pro 80-200 question

Tony Wayman

24 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Tony Wayman Basic Member
Sun 03-Dec-00 03:25 PM

I am in the market for two new lenses. I have looked at the Nikkor 35-70 but don't like the idea of it not being IF. To much hassel to use polarizers on. I am sold on the ATX Pro 28-80 2.8 after reading the reviews on this site. I also like the one size fits all filter arrangement. Filter aren't cheap guys!

My question is this... I haven't seen any one talk about the ATX Pro 80-200 2.8 lens. I would like to know how it compairs to the Nikkor equivalent ( 80-200 2.8 D non SW ). I will be using this lens primarily for landscapes but it will be used to shoot some action pics as well, mainly race cars.

I also like the price aspect of these lenses, alot cheaper than the Nikkors. I want to make sure I am spending this money wisely.

How well do these lenses hold up with normal use? I don't want to have to replace them any time soon.

G