Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

tokina 500mm mirror lens?

Zorac

CA
64 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Zorac Registered since 27th Oct 2007
Sat 10-Nov-07 10:54 PM

I was thinking of picking up a tokina 500mm mirror lens. In terms of mirror lens, short of the more expensive nikon, it seems to be the favorite. Reading the review on it, people seem disappoint with its sharpness, and that it is difficult to focus. Would I be better off sticking a kenko pro 300 2x tc on my 80-200 f2.8? I would retain autofocus which would be a bonus, but which would give the best picture quality. The bokeh of the 80-200 i like, but as odd as the bokeh on the mirror lens is, it doesnt bother me. Sharpness of my subject is what is important.

Either option is about $100, which all Im willing to spend on this. I dont really need the range for what i normally do/shoot, but it would be fun to play with every now and then.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: tokina 500mm mirror lens?

G