Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Teleconverter or new lens?

thecad

Grovetown, US
249 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
thecad Registered since 19th Jan 2013
Sun 07-Apr-13 05:57 PM

I am trying to decide of I should get a teleconverter or buy a new lens. As I was out and about today taking some pictures I realized that what I have just wasn't good enough to reach out and capture some of the things I saw. Right now I have a AF-S DX VR Zoom-NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED.

I was wondering if I would be able to use a teleconverter or should I buy a new lens with longer zoom? I am not sure how well the teleconverters work and are they worth the money. I don't want to buy something that is useless when I could put the money somewhere else. I don't have a lot of money to "throw away". If I should get a new lens, what would be a good one to get for an amateur photographer that would not break the bank and work on my camera, I have a D5200 camera.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

James Cadwell

When your mouth drops open, click the shutter. -- Harold Feinstein

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G