Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
ken lutes

winchester, US
214 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ken lutes Registered since 09th Jan 2009
Sat 16-Feb-13 04:21 PM | edited Sat 16-Feb-13 04:24 PM by ken lutes

I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue. I am using a D7000, Nikon 300f4 afs lens and Kinko 1.4 teleconverter. The issue is when I attach the teleconverter to the lens it does not fitt as snug as it should. (Loose) . I have tried my buddy's Nikon 1.7 with the same results. We then tried the same setup on his 70-200 2.8 lens and have the same issues. So my question is have any of you had this to happen? And I was thinking of getting a 1.7 to get to 500mm but with the fit I am not sure if you wouldnt be better offf getting a Tamron 200- 500 mm or the Sigma 150- 500. Seems every body agrees that using the teleconverters you loose some sharpness. Wondering if this could be due to the loose fit and winding up with vibrations? So what are your thoughts

The fit isn't sloppy loose but certainly not as snug as lens to camera fit.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G