Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Macro (Filter) Lenses

cwils02

HIXSON, US
826 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
cwils02 Gold Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2012
Fri 05-Oct-12 10:16 PM

I would really like to have a macro lens. The problem is not which one since I can't afford all the ones that I think I would like to have. I know that doesn't make much sense.

In the past several high-end Nikon users have recommended a Canon macro lens that attached to the filter threads. Not sure which one to get (size threads). They said to get the largest one that I could possibly use, and then stepup/down attachments for the rest of the base lenses.

Then I have seen other "macro" lenses that attach to the filter threads in an assortment of magnifications. Of course the assortments are all for only one size, e.g. 67mm. I'm not thinking that the quality of these "lenses" could even approach that of even those from the dark side. However, I was thinking that this might be a good way to explore exactly what would be suitable for me.

Any suggestions?

Charlie

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Macro (Filter) Lenses