Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Stuck polarizing filter?

vancwa

Vancouver, WA, US
254 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
vancwa Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Sep 2007
Sun 23-Sep-12 07:29 PM | edited Sun 23-Sep-12 07:34 PM by vancwa

Ok - I realize this was a rookie mistake. I was in the middle of shooting and decided to thread my Marumi CPL into the threads of a B+W UV filter that was already mounted to the lens. No cross threading. It's just that the CPL has a tiny non-rotating ring. It looks to me about 2mm wide and I can't grip it with my big fingers without also unscrewing the UV with it. I'm thinking there is either a specialty tool or technique to dealing with something that must happen all the time. I couldn't find a thread on this. I'm thinking of something akin to a rubber band or tie-wrap to get a solid grip on that skinny little CPL ring.

And yes, I realize a camera shop would probably do this for me after a nice little chuckle. The only cost is to my ego.

Thanks for any tips or suggestions.

EDIT - Just as I posted, I grabbed a tie wrap and took it off VERY easily. Something I intend to now pack in my bag.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G