Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Filters, worth it? please advice......

adinis

UK
216 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
adinis Gold Member Nikonian since 21st Jun 2012
Mon 02-Jul-12 06:25 PM

So i have looked all over the forums but i could not find a section dedicated to filters so i decided to post here, sorry if i missed it. So when i first got my D3000 i went a bit crazy looking for accessories,and i got two filters a UV & Circular Polarizer. They are both Rocketfish. Now after looking over various pages online i noticed that some people have them as protection and that they dont really do much asside from that, in some cases they might affect the picture quality. I guess the only fiters to actually do what they say are the high end ones, but lets face it i will be using my camera for recreational use, not going pro anytime soo, lol. Now i would like some input and suggestions from you fine people. Should i bother using the filters? (The UV during normal picture taking and the Polarizer for landscape.) They are both 52mm so it is only for my 18-55mm kit lens. Thank you in advance.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Filters, worth it? please advice......

G