Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Which filter system should I use?

redfoot

Mesa, AZ, US
13 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
redfoot Registered since 08th Jul 2009
Fri 23-Mar-12 04:37 PM

I am confused by the choices available for filters and filter systems. I think I want to use 4x6 filters with holders so I can step up to 77mm lenses someday and still use with the 72mm and smaller lenses I now have.

What choices are there in basic systems? I know of Cokin and Lee and reviews are often contradictory. Are there other choices? Why should I choose one system over another? There is no camera shop where I can see the choices available so I'm stuck with shopping online and that is hard to make accurate and informed comparisons.

What are you using and why? What do you recommend? I am having fun learning photography but never expect to sell a photo although I would like to take a few that I feel are good and represent what I saw. Budget is limited but I want something that I will not want to replace as soon as I start using it.

Thank you for whatever help and advice you can give.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Which filter system should I use?

G