Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

adapter rings?

Matthew Gregory

Glenwood, US
324 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Matthew Gregory Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Oct 2011
Sun 12-Feb-12 12:04 PM | edited Sun 12-Feb-12 12:06 PM by Matthew Gregory

Maybe I'm just cheap, but it seems to me that a nifty accessory would be a large variable neutral density filter (say, perhaps in 77mm), and then an adapter that would allow you to center and mount this one filter to a lens with a different mounting diameter - essentially a step-down ring. Most of my lenses are 52mm, so if I could snag this one adapter (52mm to 77mm) I'd be able to use the 77mm Singh-Ray Vari-ND (kind of a spendy filter) on at least 4 of my lenses!
Does this exist? I've seen one made by Lee, but it appears to work only with their 100mm filter system...

This just seems like too simple of an answer for it not to exist. Just can't seem to find it!!!

UPDATE!!!

Literally JUST found this in the next thread I opened here! I must be blind, I swear...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/60496-REG/Tiffen_5277SUR_52_77mm_Step_up_Ring_Lens.html/BI/4775/KBID/5289/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G