Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
DavidN4

Johns Creek, US
272 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
DavidN4 Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Nov 2011
Tue 31-Jan-12 09:50 PM

I have several filters, and currently use a filter wallet for my smaller filters, and the original, bulky cases for my 77mm ones. The wallet usually sits in a pocket in one of my bags, and the 77mm ones get stuffed anywhere that I find space.

I have several Lowepro bags, and they have attachment points for their SlipLock system.

I have been looking at the Lowepro S&F Filter Pouch 100 ( http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/736041-REG/Lowepro_LP36259_0AM_S_F_Filter_Pouch_100.html/BI/4775/KBID/5289/ ), and am thinking of getting it. It is for square filters, but I was thinking that it should work for 77mm also.

Another option is the Tiffen Belt Style Filter Pouch, Large, 4 Filter Capacity, Fits 62mm to 82mm, but it only carries 4 filters, and some people say that it lets a lot of dirt in the case.

The FishBomb individual sleeves are cheap, but look like they might be easy to lose.

What is the best option for carrying a few 77mm filters (about 4-5 at a time at least)? I like the idea of being able to hook them on the outside of my bag, where I can get to them easily.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Filter case

G