Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Zeiss Softars for sale..

papih

Millbrae, US
28 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
papih Registered since 03rd Sep 2002
Wed 09-Oct-02 10:14 PM

Hi All Nikonians,

Just wanna let you know, that there is a zeiss softars sale at koh camera. They have 62mm softar for just $69!! last time i checked, b&h and adorama sell these filter for $190 something. even the used ones should sell much more than that!

They also sell b+w filter like soft focus and soft image for 13 bucks. Dunno if it's new or used, though. I bought the heliopan zeiss 62mm softar #1 and #2 for a total of $144.

I was initially going for the nikon soft#1, but once i saw this ad promo, i changed my mind instantly!

I'm not affiliated with this camera shop, nor i have bought any equipment from them before. Hopefully i wont get burn.

Anyone ever have any experience with 'em? I already checked at camera shops discussion thread at photo.net and so far the the feedbacks are nothing but good.

I'll let you know the conditions of the filters once i received it.

about the softar, somebody in this forum said that the softness of softars not affected by the f-stop, but i read it somewhere else, that indeed the effect is affected by the f-stop, although not as great as nikon #1 effect. it's said that it's better not to use softar at f/11 and beyond to achieve great results.
Anyone have any experience with softars?

regards,

Fajar Rachmadi

G