Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Remove 14-24 Hood

ylwdog

US
146 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ylwdog Registered since 08th Jun 2009
Mon 08-Jun-09 11:25 AM

Speaking w/ the Lee Filter inhouse tech supervisor we concluded the best approach to using a filter on the 14-24 is to remove the hood.

The question(s) I have been facing are if and how to do this. I called Nikon to see if they had any unrepairable models that I could either purchase or be given to setup some test experiments regarding cutting or grinding the hood. (The rep was initially reluctant, but then after a little more conversation started working on it, though nothing as of yet).

Has anyone else thought of this, done it or see a problem w/ removing the hood? I have thought about if you can cut it off in one piece that there may be a chance to re-attach it later. The space in between the lens and the hood at it most retracted position makes this option virtually impossible by my inspection.

Thoughts and comments are welcome...

doug

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Remove 14-24 Hood
Reply message From experience

G