Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Tue 02-Oct-07 06:39 PM

Hi guys!

Im new at this and obviously way out of my depth at the moment but I would like some advice please. I have just bought a Nikon D80 and I was told I need somekind of filter to protect my lens because filters are cheaper than lenses in case of damage. After checking online i see that a lot of people use UV filters and I checked out the prices and the Nikon ones are very expensive compared to others. I dont mind buying the Nikon filter as long as I know its not expensive purely because its made by Nikon....

So basically the question is....

Which UV filter brand should I buy?
(Bare in mind that Im the kind of person who would rather buy the expensive one if the differences are obvious! or to put it another way, even though i am in no way a photographer would a professional use Hoya etc... in terms of quality or would they ONLY buy Nikon regardless of expense.)

G