Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
vincent

8 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
vincent Basic Member
Tue 19-Feb-02 03:08 AM

I'm new at photography, and I recently purchased an N80 w/the sb-50 dx flash. I have a couple of questions that weren't clear on the sb-50's manual when using it as a wireless auto slave flash. These might be something very simple that I don't have any clue of.

1) While using the sb-50 dx flash as a wireless slave, does it matter what zoom (24mm - 50mm) it's set to when it is set to auto?

2) The manual mentions that the flash should be set to manual when using the flash as auto slave to dissable pre flashes. When I do that, the metering on the N80 meters the existing light even when the flash is popped up. At f5.6 suggests that I use a very low shutter speed. Should I pay attention to the meter, or should I just set the camera to about 1/60 or 1/125 and let the flash take care of the light?

G