Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

SB900 Firmware Update

gianni24

Bracciano, IT
15 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
gianni24 Registered since 20th Jun 2013
Fri 26-Jul-13 06:36 PM

Hello to everybody,

I'm trying to update the firmware on my SB900 from ver 5.01 to ver 5.02 using my D700.

I took the firmware update from nikon website, an I put the file SB900502.bin (wich by the way is 175.026 byte long) on the root folder of a 2Gb Lexar Pro 300x I freshly formatted with the camera menu.

The camera battery is fully charged, and I've put 4 eneloop fully charged inside the SB900.

Then I put the flash on the hotshoe, and I on both camera and flash. When I navigate the menus to "firmware version" it's showing:

A 1.04
B 1.03
S 5.001

(the latter is the speedlight). I got the option to update, but when I try it, after confirmation, I see "flashing" a screen telling:

Updating
Warning! Do not turn the camera off during update.
Update will take serveral minutes.

(actually the screen flashes just a fraction of second, I've used a camcorder to be able to read what the camera is telling me)...

After that the camera stop the process with the diagnostic:

"Firmware can not be upgraded at current settings"

This one last some five seconds, and after disappears.

I've tried to google to find out what's the problem, but I cannot find nothing useful. The firmware upgrade instruction pdf sheet from Nikon didn't help...

Any help from Nikonians?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: SB900 Firmware Update
Reply message Update
Reply message RE: Update
Reply message RE: SB-900 Firmware Update
Reply message Update
Reply message Update of update