Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

DURABLE/WALK ON REFLECTIVE WHITE BACK DROP??

EYEBALLER

Sterling Heights, US
102 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
EYEBALLER Registered since 08th Sep 2011
Fri 12-Jul-13 03:37 AM

I recently acquired,built and set up equipment (white reflective panels,professional strobe lighting kit) for my studio in my large basement room where I can do "full length portraits" at "135mm" focal length. One problem I am having is, I get shadows in the hair (by the ear) which reflectors could solve,facing angled upward from the floor, but I do not like having to use reflectors, as, it takes up valuable space with stands and etc and it inconveniences people or myself having to hold them. I want for myself and my subjects to be able to move freely with no stands in the way,which has led me to look for other tools,materials to accomplish this and I really am stuck on ideas which has led me to believe that maybe if there is a reflective "white" material that is "durable" enough to withstand walking on and is yet, washable, it might work. I really don't know much about muslin or any other backdrop materials, meaning as to what they are and how they can be used. Does anyone have any ideas or experience in this type of use or materials? I would appreciate anyone who might have some ideas or who can educate me in this area.

Thank you in advance.

EYEBALLER

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: DURABLE/WALK ON REFLECTIVE WHITE BACK DROP??

G