Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D600 and flash for wedding shots, what did you choose?

johannielscom

NL
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
johannielscom Registered since 04th Jul 2013
Fri 05-Jul-13 02:26 PM

Title says it all, I reckon...!

Recently I purchased a D600 and mainly will be using it for wedding reportage.

Indoors: I plan to keep ISO below 4000, shutter at 1/200th and still have at least aperture 5.6 for sufficient DOF. I want to use an OmniBounce to light rooms and scenes up more naturally. My widest lens is 24mm so it needs to cover wide angles too.

Outdoors: Balanced flash and ambient, or fill flash. ISO still max 4000, shutter max 1/200th.

I'm thinking that Nikons CLS or i-TTL flashes all can handle this easily. And a score of other brands and types probably are fully compatible too.

Question is, why would I choose one over the other? Things like usability, easy access to settings, balance on the camera, etc all are unknown to me.

So I'm asking, what flash did you choose, and why? And would you recommend it since you used it!?

Thanks in advance,

Johan Niels

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D600 and flash for wedding shots, what did you choo...

G