Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

PocketWizard Plus III, SB-800 and D600

folsombob

Carmichael, US
480 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
folsombob Registered since 20th Nov 2005
Wed 24-Oct-12 06:10 AM

I've been on the verge of buying PWs for my Nikon strobes, but have been hesitant until the new Plus III model came out.

So, I have a few questions bundled in this post:

1) I can't find any information as to how they connect to the SB-800s. It's obvious that they don't have a hot shoe.

Do they use the provided Mono 3.5mm Miniphone to Locking PC Cable?

2a) The other side of the coin is how does it connect with the D600 camera IF I don't want to attach it to the hot shoe?

2b) My other cameras are the D2X and D200, so the same question would apply. However, the D600 with FX has become my new portrait camera.

Sometimes I need to use on-camera flash (the mounted SB-800, not the pop-up) and turn off the softboxes with SB-800s.

3) On a side note, it would appear the PW Plus III would not work with the Nikon SB-600... correct? incorrect?

Thanks,

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: PocketWizard Plus III, SB-800 and D600

G