Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

another sb600 or go for the 800?

pasknucklehead

US
1527 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008
Tue 18-Sep-12 02:00 AM | edited Tue 18-Sep-12 02:57 AM by pasknucklehead

Hi everyone, just got done borrowing my sons 600 ONCE AGAIN, and thought perhaps I may as well just go and buy another one since it seems like I'm always needing two flashes for my water drops photos. But here is my thought process: should I opt to just pick up another 600 which I imagine has come down considerably in price by now, or should I go for the 800? Would it be worth the extra money to do that? Would there be any advantage to it? I've heard that there isn't a whole lot of differences in them but the added weight...Give me your thoughts on this please...Oh and one more thing: if I were to use one 600 on my camera and the other sitting somewhere, will it set the other one off? And the onboard flash would set both of right, I think that's how I had it set up...

Darlene

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: another sb600 or go for the 800?

G