Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
JM

US
2468 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
JM Registered since 01st Mar 2007
Mon 25-Sep-00 01:24 AM

Just thought I'd see if there is an interest in a thread on off-brand flash stuff. As a user of the N70 I have a fairly powerful Nikon Speedlight but since I also use an F I had to add an external flash and didn't need to concern myself with TTL if I didn't care too.
The Vivitar 283 popped up in a excursion thru a thrift store in Chicago and with some net'searchin' I was impressed by its GN and model durability. Since acquiring this flash I have found it to be an acquired skill to use this 'auto' style flash
but the power is startling and I have been having a blast playing with images lit by slave tripping of the 283 from my N70.
I know some folk are Metz fanatics due to their state of the art abilities but the retro-geeks like myself gush with the praises of the old work horses like the old Vivitars and others that "just do it" and have been for ...decades, an attribute a Nikon owner should respect.
Like I said just seeing if I could find a FLASHpoint amongst NIKONians.
Jeff Markus

JM
The Chicagoan

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Flash Systems

G