Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Opinions on sb-50dx and sb-27

jsdtx

Austin, US
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jsdtx Basic Member
Sun 30-Sep-01 02:55 AM

I have read the prior posts on the N80 (my camera) and the sb-28 vs 50dx debate. I have two questions. Has anyone tried the 50dx? It has a metal shoe and seems well constructed. How did it perform along side of the built in flash. One post here says it was less powerful than the sb-28. That is clear from the power ratings, but I want to know if this is a gimmick flash or a an innovative companion to the N80.

Also, on the sb-27, the flat design seems to make it seem likely to produce red eye because of its proximity to the lens. It seems to mention the red eye preflash. Has anyone experienced this with the 27? I would never want to worry about red eye in an slr, so if it is more likely I cannot buy it because many of my subjects are red eye candidates. Thanks

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Opinions on sb-50dx and sb-27

G