Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Understanding the SB-28

MoX

Toronto, CA
153 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
MoX Basic Member
Sun 23-Sep-01 04:24 PM

Very shortly (hopefully) I will be purchasing a Nikon F5 as well as an SB-28 flash. I have read a lot about this flash and know it's different modes and how they work. However, there are still a few things I am uncertain of. Firstly, if you have the Sb-28 on Normal sync (using matrix metering and on Program mode) will the F5 automatically chose the correct shutter from 1/60s to 1/250s (the range of shutter speeds in Normal sync)? Or, must you slect a sutter manually from 1/60s to 1/250s? Same thing with the slow sync. Will the F5 automaticcaly chose the sutter from 30s to 1/250s, or must you set it automatically. Overall, does the F5 automatically select the right sutter speed within the range of sutter speeds in the mode you're using. (Slow or Normal)

Lastly, I don't understand when you should use the certain modes! When should you use rear curtain sync? When should you use front curtain sync? (I know to use slow sync for dark situations, and normal for any available light situations).
-Please Explain!

thanks

-Michael
------------------------------
http://www.photo.net/photodb/presentation?presentation_id=144194

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Understanding the SB-28

G