Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
97C5L

US
112 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
97C5L Registered since 05th Oct 2008
Sun 19-Oct-08 04:28 PM

I recently bought the Impact umbrella kit consisting of 2 32" umbrellas and added a 45" Photoflex umbrella to the mix. My idea is to have a fairly portable lighting kit for portraits of family and friends at their homes or mine. I do not have a background yet and thought about using a system of sticks in cans filled with concrete I found on youtube and maybe a gray cloth to start out with.
I have a D300, an SB800, 2 SB600s and 2 SB50DXs. I'm going to be experimenting with this setup using Nikons legendary CLS system.
My first "assignment" is to take pictures of a 3 month old baby.
I'm wondering if anyone has a similar setup or suggestions, dos and don'ts on how to use what I have. Thanks for your time.

--When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.-- Edmund Burke

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: 3 flash setup

G