Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Using D80 and D200 with Norman 400B and SunPak 522

41cassis14

Chesaning, US
71 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
41cassis14 Registered since 15th Dec 2005
Fri 01-Aug-08 01:20 AM

Hello there SL users. It was suggested in the D80 forum I come over here to ask my question. I have a new Nikon D80 with which I wish to use a SunPak 522 and a Norman 400B strobe. I have a Wein Hot Shoe Safe Sync which I have been told is imperitive. So I guess my question has as much to do with how to set up the camera as to how to use the strobes.
I was told by the seller that all I had to do to use off camera/off brand stobe was to use this Wein protectorshoe on the hotshoe. But I have been through both books (I admit cursorily) and yet I cannot find any reference to this except for slave operation restricted to three units. What am I missing? These cameras will do me little good if I can't use the lights I already have. While I may have to spring for a Nikon flash to use on the bracket (the 522 is old after all) the Norman is a workhorse and blasts a lot of light suitable for outdoor fill and such. Sorry if this has been addressed but I am an old shooter brand new to dig. Thanks
Lar

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Using D80 and D200 with Norman 400B and SunPak 522

G