Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
adz929

AU
39 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
adz929 Registered since 01st Dec 2006
Sat 21-Jun-08 02:12 PM

Greetings all!

I have two SB-600's, one of which I was using tonight to try and get some shots of my bady nephew. 90% of the time, the flash would fail to fire and the the remaining 8-9% of the time it would screw up the exposure. The remaining 1% would be spot on. I was shooting with my D200 at the time, however, I had my D70s in my bag too so I tried it and again, the same poor result. When I got home I tried my second SB-600 and it nailed the exposure every time. From this, I have concluded that it is the flash unit. I tried cleaning all contacts and resetting the flash, I even tried leaving the batteries out for 20 minutes and still it failed. I then dismounted the flash, set it to the lowest power and attempted to stobe it with the test button, again, 90% of the time it would fail to even fire, it would just click as though it had discharged, but it didn't flash. And yes, I did try several sets of batteries. Is there anything I have missed, or is this unit doomed to the trash can? I'm really angry about this as the unit is a little over two years old and has hardly seen any use. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Adam

--------------------------

adz929...The protanomolous photographer...

This post brought to you by the insane ramblings of me...

G