Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Why isn't flash stopping my sports night action shots?

morpsmom_2

Weatherford, US
134 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
morpsmom_2 Registered since 14th Jan 2005
Fri 21-Sep-07 04:41 AM

I am shooting football games. I have a D200 and am primarily using a 70-200 VR. During the daylight hours, I shoot A priority and seem to have little problem. However, some of the games are at night and this seems to be a big problem. I have tried leaving it on A priority and 2.8. The shutter goes down to 60-80. (The field is rather dark) I didn't think it would be too much of a problem still freezing the action since I'm on the sideline using the SB800. I realize it won't get across the field, but with 20 or 30 yards. Many of the pictures are blurry. Some not a lot, but some quite a lot. The next time, I switch to Shutter priority, and set the shutter at 125. I seemed to be too underexposed if I tried to go any higher. Same problem. Many of the pictures are blurry. I am shooting in TTL no compensation.
I would appreciate any help. I've tried shooting in different metering and focusing. Nothing seems to help much.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Why isn't flash stopping my sports night action sho