Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Why won't this work? - Help please.

glombick

CA
160 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
glombick Registered since 18th Apr 2006
Wed 29-Nov-06 08:29 AM

I am trying to use a D200 with a SB-600 and a SB-25.

I have the SB-600 connected to my D200 using a SC-28 coiled TTL male to female hotshoe cord. I then plug a SC-27 nine foot straight remote TTL cord into the plug-in in on the SC-28 and connect the SB-25 to the other end. Both flashes are in working order with fresh batteries and work using the Sc-28 cord or mounted on camera. The way I figure it, using this set-up, I should be able to get TTL flash with 2 speedlights. Or a manual 2 flash system at the very least. Instead, the SB-600 fires, but the SB-25 never does. I have tried commander mode in manual and TTL and various combinations and permuations thereof. The SB-600 does not have a plug for the SC-29 cord.

The SC-29 cord is supposed to "build Multi-Flash Set-ups off the SC-28 TTL Cord." I am using the SC-28, but can't seem to get the SB-25 to work on any mode.

Any suggestions please before I pitch the whole set-up off my balconey?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Why won't this work? - Help please.

G