Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
NikonMark37814

Morristown, US
1125 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
NikonMark37814 Registered since 20th May 2010
Sat 04-Jun-11 04:06 PM

I've got a P7000 back ordered through the Army-Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES) and I'm having a difficult time determining if I'll be getting a USA or gray market camera. Once they start filling orders the camera will ship from Japan. My concern is based on my purchase of the Sigma 150-500 a year ago from AAFES which did not include a sales receipt, only the lens. I was told my receipt was my printed online order form which does not include a serial number. What to do? Cancel my order? Take receipt of the camera and send it back if it's gray market or cancel my order? If it matters, the Sigma lens is a late serial number and functions perfectly and I'm sure they will service it out of warranty if there's any issues while Nikon will not touch the P7000 with it's many problems.

mVs
D2x, D300s, D700 & D800

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G