Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

All-around lens for the D50?

Steve Chism

Biloxi, US
11 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Steve Chism Registered since 17th Nov 2005
Sat 26-Nov-05 04:37 AM

Here is what I want to do: I take lots of pictures of knives, guns, small items...not macro but close up, with the items ranging from 1 inch all the way up to 12 inches. These are taken in a makeshift lightbox with 3 5500K flourescent lamps.

I also would like to start exploring nature photography, but so far my results have been soft even with higher shutter speeds. (I think a tripod would help...should be here on Monday.)

So what would be my best bet to get clear pics for both? The 18-55 is doing OK with the closeup work, but I know there is better glass out there for that. Would the D70's kit lense work well for both applications? Or would I be better off getting a couple of sub-$200usd primes? I don't want to spend more than about 4-5 hundred USD, and actually it will be a while before I even make another photo purchase. I just was thinking....wondering.

Thanks and Regards,
Steve

Nikon: The Calming Camera

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: All-around lens for the D50?

G