Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Which body and lens?

cny3123

San Mateo, US
25 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
cny3123 Registered since 21st Nov 2005
Thu 23-Mar-06 03:02 AM

Hi,I was showing my camera, a D50, to a friend, and he decided that when taking pictures of his RC cars, that a digital SLR would be perfect. The cars apparently move quite quickly around, and so he is considering buying the D50 because a little P/S isn't cutting it, however the question that I find to be confusing is whether there is a decent telephoto lens out to 200mm at least with AF-S out there other than the 55-200, because from what I've heard, is not a true AF-S lens and is not quite as fast focusing. So, though I love my Nikon gear quite dearly, I am wondering whether he might be better off buying a Canon Rebel XT..? I am unsure because canon seems to have quite a formidable line of USM lenses, which I am guessing is their version of AF-S? So, though this is a Nikon Forum, I am wondering whether he would be happier going with Canon instead. I am sure that many of you looked at and considered the Rebel XT before deciding upon your D50, unless you upgraded from Nikon film like I did. However, any lens recomendations must be fairly cheap because he has a restricted budget, like all high school students. And thus, is willing to spend around $800 or so.
Once again, I'm sorry if you are offended about me asking about Canon on a Nikon forum, but this has been one of the most helpful forums I have ever been able to find, and also the only one that I am able to ask questions for. Thanks again,
Chris

http://cny3123.fotopic.net/

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Which body and lens?