Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Is this lens compatible with the D50 body?

Sarah79

FI
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Sarah79 Registered since 10th Oct 2013
Thu 10-Oct-13 06:20 AM

After many years sitting in the back of the cupboard I've finally started using my D50 again. I've had lots of fun shooting portraits with a 50mm prime lens, all of which look surprisingly pretty given the age (and I'm sorry to say, neglect) of this camera body.

I've decided I need to purchase a landscape lens, and have the Tokina 11-16mm in mind. Before forking out the cash on Amazon, though, I need to be 100% sure that it is compatible. From my research I believe it is, but the requirements when it comes to needing an autofocus motor always stump me. Am I correct in assuming that this lens will autofocus on the D50 camera body?

Tokina AT-X PRO 11-16mm F2.8 DX Lens - Nikon AF Mount

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tokina-AT-X-11-16mm-F2-8-Lens/dp/B0014Z5XMK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1381385033&sr=8-2&keywords=tokina+11-16mm+nikon

Thanks.

G