Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D60 problem - photos progressively dark (almost black now), even with flash

dinikon26

US
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dinikon26 Registered since 19th Dec 2011
Mon 19-Dec-11 07:14 PM

I recently checked my shutter release count, and it's around 20,000, so my D60 is relatively "young" (or at least I think 20K is "young"). This weekend, I was taking several shots of the same scene -- same lighting, same settings, same subjects -- and the photos got progressively darker. I shoot on manual. After a few more shots, the photos were almost black, even when I switched to auto and used flash. What is going on? The photos are almost black no matter what setting I have the camera on - auto, manual, with flash, etc. I also tried a new battery and that didn't change anything.

I tried my Sigma 30mm 1.4 lens on another Nikon, and it was just fine, so I apparently have a problem with my D60 body. . .but what? and where do I go to diagnose/fix it? Is it an expensive fix?

I am hoping there's something really obvious I am not thinking of - maybe I changed a menu setting without knowing it, but I've tried everything I can think of!

I appreciate any help!

G