Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D40 VR Lenses, Meter Over Exposure, SD Card

searchlight52

US
6 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
searchlight52 Registered since 04th Dec 2011
Sun 04-Dec-11 05:36 PM

I recently purchased a used D40 in Mint condition with the kit lens 18-55, not with VR.

I have three questions.

If I were to purchase a Nikon lens with this feature, would I be able to use the Vibration Reduction feature with the D40.

Secondly, I updated the firmware to the latest A1.12/B1.11. Does anyone know if this firmware addressed the meter Overexposure problem that Ken Rockwell and others allude, or to get the best results, should I set it to 0.7 like he recommends?

Finally, what is the maximum SD card capacity that the camera can handle? A friend gave me a PNY 8GB Pro card as a gift. Would this work, and does anyone have experience with this type of card?

Thanks for your answers.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D40 VR Lenses, Meter Over Exposure, SD Card

G