Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Some newbie questions about my D40

KatieNK

US
16 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
KatieNK Registered since 01st Sep 2010
Thu 02-Sep-10 01:46 AM

Hi everyone,

I am trying to figure out my Nikon D40 and I have a few questions, they are probably really dumb!

1) How do I turn off the annoying light on the front that shines before the flash fires? I know it is for red-eye reduction but I have changed the flash settings to plain flash/lightening bolt (no eye ball icon) and the light still comes on...

2) I can't get the continuous mode to work. I thought if you pressed the shutter button down and held it down, that it would continue taking pictures... am I wrong?

3) Can you adjust the exposure in auto mode? I want to turn it down a tad but it won't let me in auto, that I know of..

I had more but I answered them myself after I typed them, but I am sure I will be back with more.

Thank you!!!

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Some newbie questions about my D40