Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Making Money with your Nikon DSLR

zukester

Southbury, US
103 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
zukester Registered since 17th Jul 2008
Fri 23-Jan-09 02:32 PM

Hi:

I just wanted to thank all of the shutterbugs who have jumped in to help with answers. The more I learn, the better my shots are. I have more than enough good ones now to make a nice portfolio, so as I learn more I wanted to know about making this passion into more than a hobby.

I am going to be taking occasional classes on photography (Nikonian flash one coming up in NJ for a start) and shooting more and more every day, especially when the Ice Age ends here in New England. But what I wanted to know was how to actually turn this into a way to profit from all of this hard work and long hours.

What would be a good step? I am not a kid any more, but not an old man (48.44383561643835616438356164383562 years young, according to the Microsoft Winders calculator).

Which avenue is easiest to start, equipment wise? I have a D40X with the 155 kit lens, one long Nikon 55-200, three extension tubes, and will soon get a much better tripod (currently a pathetic Velbon DF 60)and a Nikon SB "something" flash (off brand now), and some longer glass, up to 300MM, or a teleconverter.

It does not matter which type I do, from outdoors, closeup, sports, photojournalism, stills, portraits, as long as I can start out, and earn to get more equipment along the way.

I have no "official experience" although I have taken good enough pics to be in a book and posted in papers over 50 times, so I am not a beginner at photography, just new to digital.

So how does one start?

Thanks so much,

Bob Z.
Zukester

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Making Money with your Nikon DSLR