Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

RE: Difference between FX and DX Lenses on my D40

dward

US
15 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dward Registered since 20th Jan 2008
Fri 28-Nov-08 04:13 AM

Hi Everybody-

I'm kind of new here so please bear with me. I have a D40 and love it a bunch. I am in the market to purchase a zoom lens, and I saw a tutorial on youtube describing the difference between a DX sensor and a FX sensor. I have to say that I am totally confused, because my DX sensor is 1.5 times smaller than a FX sensor, and the person who made the video says that you should ONLY use DX lenses with DX bodies, due to the size of the mounts on the lenses. I do not want to lose picture quality or size because the 70-300 is a FX lens (I think since it doesn't say DX on the lens). Also, if anybody knows any other lens (i.e. Tamaron, etc.) with the same zoom features that WILL work with the DX "size", I would love to hear them.

So any help on this would be great to help me understand the difference and how this will effect my photos. Thank for your time and look forward to your responses.

Sincerely- Doug Ward

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Difference between FX and DX Lenses on my D40

G