Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Shutter Release Error

kjreif

US
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
kjreif Registered since 10th Nov 2008
Mon 10-Nov-08 08:30 PM

I'm new to this forum and I'm so glad I found it...lots of great tips. I'm having a problem with my Nikon D40. Although it's less than a year old, I purchased it as a refurbished product and Nikon only offers a 90 day warranty for it's refurbs. So I'm really hoping that someone can help me with my camera since it's not under warranty any more.

I've noticed that when I'm taking pictures and the flash does not go off, I get an error message that says, "Error Press Shutter Release Button Again." It take a picture, but it's basically a black exposure. But if I force a flash, I can get it to take it just fine. But obviously, this isn't a great solutions for me. I've tried the hard reset and taking out the battery - none of which worked. I'm using the stock lens (nikon 18-55) and just the pop up flash. I'm not sure if it's my lens or the the body.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much!

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Shutter Release Error