Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

WOW! Love the new D40X thus far!

IAmtnbikr

US
9 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
IAmtnbikr Registered since 22nd Aug 2008
Fri 29-Aug-08 01:45 AM

Well, I finally made the jump from the old Olympus D-510, lol. I had grown up using my old Pentax K1000 35mm camera and assorted lenses since the later 70's when I got them. But I'd never been pleased with having to print photos and also with the less than stellar images with the point-and-shoot D-510. So... I did my homework and latched onto a decent deal. Got a D40X with the 18-55 and 55-200 lenses, SB-600 flash, and a spare battery for the camera. Thus far it's been a real treat experimenting with the new Nikon. The supplied software works nicely, but I may eventually step up and buy the good stuff from Nikon. The most interesting thing is this... a good friend of mine who has been a diehard Nikon 35mm fanatic (owns a nice collection of high-end lenses and camera) decided to go digital. He shocked me with his purchase of a Canon DSLR! Anyhow... love the new Nikon and this forum is a wealth of information.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: WOW! Love the new D40X thus far!

G