Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Wide angle for D40

axadent1

US
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
axadent1 Registered since 20th Jul 2008
Sun 20-Jul-08 05:28 PM

I am NOT a photographer!

I got this D40 a couple moths ago for one purpose - I am in real estate and wanted something to take photos of homes.

I find that I can not get good photos of any interior rooms unless the room is very large. The photos look as if there is about 1/3 missing from the shot.

I am thinking of getting a mild wide angle lense but I do NOT want anything that will make the photos . . . look stretched. I have seen some photos other agents have taken with wide angle lenses - the interior shots . . . look GOOFY (the room looks like its 10X as long as it really is and a micrwave looks to have a 3' wide door).

As I said, I am no photographer so I have ZERO understanding of what the lense numbers mean. Looking at spec sheets . . .they might as well be in Greek. Photo samples on the Nikon site for the various lenses all seem to be landscape photos . . .so its hard for me to know what lense would be best for what I want to do.

Just looking for some recommendations as to what type of lense would be best.

Thanks in advance for any/all help.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Wide angle for D40

G