Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

A couple of questions about possible dust on D40 sensor

Replytoken

Seattle, US
1227 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Replytoken Registered since 08th Mar 2008
Fri 25-Apr-08 04:25 AM

Well, time, and a few lens changes, have finally caught up with my D40. I believe that I may have dust on my sensor. Unlike the small dark flecks that are often shown as an example, I am seeing what looks like small water spots (under high magnification on the monitor) in the image. These are primarily visible in blue-sky type shots where the image area around the spots is a constant color. I am assuming that this is something on the sensor, and I plan to try the path of least resistance this weekend - a rocket blower. Is there any reason to believe that my assumption is not correct? And, I could not find any specific sticky posts about sensor cleaning. Is there an article on the Nikonians web site that I missed? Any links or advice would be appreciated.

--Ken

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: A couple of questions about possible dust on D40 se...
                    Reply message RE: A couple of questions about possible dust

G