Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Free Faststone Image editor reads NEF(RAW) files

Beatkat

Belleaire Bluffs, US
245 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Beatkat Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Dec 2007
Tue 01-Apr-08 02:48 AM | edited Tue 01-Apr-08 02:52 AM by Beatkat

Just a note here for anyone who's not heard of Faststone, and those of you who know it but may not know this, it's a free image organizing, editing program that is extremely powerful, and has some really nice features like batch renaming and batch resizing, and even though I have been using it for a couple of years, I just realized that it will handle NEF (Nikon RAW) files. It can read and display them, edit them, resize and resample,and resave as other formats including JPEG, PNG, TIFF, etc., and resave to a specific file size, for instance 150k which is the Nikonians upload file size limit, and again, it's FREE...there is a good PDF manual, but it's pretty intuitive to use if you're familiar with these type of programs, fast to load and work with, and very capable. http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm
even more highly recommended now...

Connecticut Nikonian
D5100
D5000
35mmDX
Nikkor 50mm 1.8
18-55DX
18-105DX
55-200VR
other asst. glass

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject