Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

"Focus search" - something like that..

Irishman

Las Vegas, US
26 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Irishman Registered since 22nd Dec 2005
Wed 30-May-07 01:28 AM

Irishman I am doing progress photos of construction in my Country Club. Put camera in corner - use Manfrotto panorama accessories. Using "auto" and 18 mm. Nikon. Two pictures per room but "white balance is "automatic"". However big windows so room is "in shade".

NEXT: To do better job, set on "M" or "A" at f/8. Autofocus works on "brighter" image but in dark area the camera "searches" to focus
and no mattr what "autofocus" A,S or C the camera cannot "achieve" focus. By using these settings I can set the "white balance" to "daylight" and since the room walls are light tan the result is
very natural, i.e no "bluishness". I have not tried "shade" or "cloudy". Panorama images are made using Panorama Facotry which
works very well...

Switching to "manual" focus works, but I would like the "autofocus" to prevail. Is it the 18mm lens? Nothing serious - it is volunteer and "routine photography" just to show constructin progress..

IRISHMAN Really hot here in Las Vegas !!

Irishman

G