Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
otter

US
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
otter Registered since 28th Dec 2006
Thu 28-Dec-06 01:58 PM

Hi All,

I've been trying to decide between the D40 and D50 for my first "serious" DSLR camera. I would rate myself as an intermediate film photographer and a novice digital photgrapher. I've read too many reviews about each of these to remember at this point, but the vast majority of reviews for each of these have been excellent. Obviously, the D50 has more info available b/c its been around longer, but almost everything I've seen and heard on the D40 has been positive. Now here are my questions: Which of these would most of you recommend to a new digital photographer that wants to take quality pics? Is there a quality difference between the two? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Which of these would be better for more rugged, long term use? Thank you.

otter.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D40 vs D50