Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Aperture priority question

DarkHorse12

AU
15 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
DarkHorse12 Registered since 21st Dec 2005
Wed 21-Dec-05 10:15 AM

Hi folks,

I recently bought my D50, after upgrading from a P+S. I absolutely love the camera, but am aware that I am still only learning to use it properly!! I am writing to get some advise from everyone about how I can improve my skills.

I try to shoot in Aperture priority most of the time. I have an SB600 for indorrs shooting, which I always try to bounce.

The question is... I always tend to shoot at aperture settings between 3 and 8. This gives me nice portrait pictures, with nice blurred backgrounds. When I increase the apeture settings, I get more of the shot in focus, but I tend to get darker photos. Is this right?

Can anyone shed any light (pardon the pun) on how I might be able to remedy this 'dark' situation.... or maybe I should just stick to aperture settings between 3-8!!

Thanks,
DH.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Aperture priority question