Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Sign up Login
Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D50 Battery Charger


62 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
BuzzedHornet Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2005
Mon 19-Dec-05 06:39 AM

I just found this site today. This reminds me of the first few days on the internet when you are overwhelmed with so much information that the hours just slip by as you read and read! What a great site.

I have done a search and didn't find any info on this. But I am a newbie so please forgive me if this is a basic question.

Here is my question:

I put the charger on a night stand last night and this morning it had stripped the paint off completely down to the wood and it seemed to have a gooey kind of stuff all over the bottom of it. I have seen the recall on the battery, but have there been any known issues with the charger? I hope it wasn't battery acid but it stripped the paint so perfectly I think it maybe. The battery itself is working fine and has no residue on it what so ever.

Could it just be that this charger gets hot enough to melt the paint off a night stand?

Anyone out there have any ideas? I have only had my D50 for a week and have only had to charge the battery 2 times so far.

The lot number of my EN-EL3a battery is M56TA. I do not see this lot number on the recall list.

Thanks in advance for any help.