Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

How tough it is to get a broken LCD panel fixed?

Deba

IN
44 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Deba Registered since 16th Jul 2006
Sun 29-Oct-06 05:03 PM

Dear Friends,

Let me share with you a bad news that broke my heart. I found the LCD panel (The colour one) of my D50 broken today during a day outing trip. I believe, it was due to some impact inside my camera bag on the rough hilly road that I was traversing on two wheeler. Since it is one my best possessions, I want to bring it back to shape. Please help..

The panel shows visible cracked Glass mark. Black patches, the typical sign of damaged LCD panel are there. On pressing the Play back or Menu button, the screen comes in life but without any picture. It becomes full white with couple of patches. The camera functions seem to be all right. I took pictures and after uploading in my Computer, those were found to be perfect.

I have run the damaged camera with my laptop through Nikon Capture Control. All functions found to be working as usual.

Now, please make me aware about certain things.
How tough process it is for a technician to change the LCD panel?
How tough it is to get a spare Panel?
What could be the approximate price of it in USA or UK?
What are the possible places in USA or UK those who can supply the spare? (Though I stay in India, but can arrange it from USA or UK through friends).
Is there any possible future complicacies those may arise after the change?
In case I get a spare? What are the things I should look forward in it to check the genuinity of proper compatibility?
Is it possible to get a detail service manual of D50 online anywhere?

Lastly-
Does any one have similar kind of experience?

I Don’t want anyone else to have this experience.

Please help.
Deba.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: How tough it is to get a broken LCD panel fixed?

G