Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Blank Image/White Screen

scyfreestyler

US
148 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
scyfreestyler Registered since 28th Sep 2006
Thu 28-Sep-06 03:37 PM

While shooting in Aperture Priority Mode an image came up as a blank white screen with a small file size, roughly 120K as opposed to the 3 MB I am accustomed to at Large/Fine (The EXIF shows that the image in question was captured in Manual Mode at F8-1/60). The camera has about 2700 shutter actuations if that makes any difference. I called Nikon Tech and they said they had never seen this happen before but offered to have me send it in for an inspection. The images before and after were fine but that one is just blank, like the sensor never captured anything. I am concerned that it might do this again at the wrong time. I am tempted to return it to Costco and order a new D80 from Amazon.Com but another part of me says the D50 is all I need and let's wait and see if it goofs up again. Please share your thoughts and experience.
Thanks.

G